Terms & Conditions – Tuscany Stop
Please read carefully prior to completing and signing the booking contract
- CONTRACT – This contract is subject to all conditions set forth herein and together with the confirmation invoice represents the entire agreement of the parties. No firm booking/contract will have been made until payment is received and processed.
- PAYMENT TERMS – The client who is to be a member of the traveling party, shall pay a deposit of 25% of the total price of the rental period within 5 working days of the booking, held provisionally and confirmed on receipt of payment. The balance of the contract price to be paid 60 days from the rental date. If a booking is made within 60 days of the rental date the entire contract price is due at the time of the booking. If a deposit, full contract price, or any proportion thereof is not paid within the above times, the proprietors shall treat the contract as terminated and as a cancellation charge all deposits paid by the client and/or be entitled to additional cancellation charges as in paragraph 5.
- SMOKING– Montecastello operates a strict non-smoking policy within the house and grounds. However, as a discretion smoking will be permitted on the covered Terrace only.
- WEBSITE INFORMATION – Tuscany stop (TS), have taken care to ensure the accuracy of all information contained in the website however, nothing therein shall be treated as a term or condition of this contract.
- CANCELLATIONS – The amount charged based on the date TS receive written notice from the client requesting a cancellation/termination. i) 60 or more days prior to the rental date specified in the confirmation invoice, the amount of the deposit. ii) Between 59 and 31 days, 50% of the full contract price. iii) Between 30 and 50 days 80% of full contract price. iv) Less than 14 days 100% of the full contract price. Changes requested by the client to the date of the rental result in a complete cancellation as specified above.
- MODIFICATIONS/CANCELLATIONS BY TS – This contract may be modified or cancelled at any time and in any case were it is necessary to do so as a result of a force majeure or any other occurrence outside of the control of TS. We will assist the client to make a new booking. The client is responsible for any rent cost increase due to a new booking. In event a new booking is not possible, TS will provide a full refund of monies paid for the cancelled contract.
- TRANSFERABILITY – The client may irrevocably transfer this booking to another person. The request must be made to TS in writing no less than 14 days prior to the rental date and is subject to an administrative charge of 30 GBP with any other relevant charges. The transferee will be deemed to have assumed all terms and conditions of this contract.
- OCCUPANCY/CHANGES – Including the client, the number of guests cannot exceed the total party size specified in the confirmation invoice. Failing to comply may result in additional guests being turned away and/or the entire party maybe subject to eviction at their own expense.
- SANITATION – Montecastello operates a FOSSA-BIOLOGICA system for Sanitation. TS shall provide adequate toilet tissue for the use of and will not accept responsibility for blockage’s however caused by any other ‘material’ by the client other than natural waste. Should a professional call-out be required as a result of a blockage, the client will be responsible for the costs incurred if proved to be other than natural waste and toilet tissue provided by TS. Plastic bins are provided in each bathroom for any other sanitary materials eg Sanitary towels, tampons, baby wipes, baby nappies etc.
- ANIMALS – We regret that pets are not permitted on the premises.
- CHILDREN /INFANT SAFETY – There are limited facilities for babies. Clients should provide, where possible their own portable crib/cot and buggy, TS can supply these however including high chair upon request. Loss or damage to the above items shall be chargeable.
- BEHAVIOUR – Clients and guests are required to act responsibly and show respect towards other guests and property owners at all times. TS reserves the discretionary right, acting in good faith, to require any individual to vacate the premises for disruptive behaviour without any refund.
- SWIMMING POOL – When available, clients and all guests avail themselves of the pool and pool area at their own risk. Chidren/infants MUST be supervised AT ALL TIMES and are solely the responsibility of the clients. Glassware or bottles of any description is strictly prohibited in the vicinity of the swimming pool.
SWIMWEAR– TS request that clients in WET swimwear ,pool- towels, shoes etc. remain by the poolside area until dry or change in the laundry room. Water damage to soft furnishings and upstairs wooden flooring shall be deemed negligent by the client and be charged accordingly for cleaning/repair.
- CASH SECURITY DEPOSIT – A security deposit as specified in the confirmation invoice 25% of the total payment is payable in cash upon arrival at the rental property. A full incoming/outgoing inventory shall take place with the clients and TS. ALL damages other than those considered as ‘fair wear and tear’ by TS, shall be deducted from the security deposit. Any such damages that are valued in EXCESS of the security deposit amount and are deemed by TS to have been caused by client/guest negligence shall be paid for in full prior client departure.
- ARRIVAL/DEPARTURE TIMES – Clients must arrive at the property from 4pm (unless prior arrangement has been made with TS), on the date specified in the confirmation invoice. If, due to travel restraints beyond client control and result in arrival times later than 8pm, TS must be informed directly. Departure must take place once inventory is complete by 10am on the date specified in the confirmation invoice unless alternate times are arranged and agreed with TS and the client/guests.
- TRAVEL INSURANCE – We strongly advise you the client to take full insurance once booking has been confirmed. TS will accept no responsibility for the personal injury/loss or damage during the booked period at the property including any unpredictable forces of nature, delays, or cancellations by transport providers.
- INCLUDED IN THE CONTRACT PRICE – The normal use of water, cooking gas, electricity (with care to switch off any unnecessary lighting) and adequate kitchen cookware/utensils. One set of linen per bed and one set of towels per week per person. Toilet tissue. Additional towels are provided for the swimming pool. Washing machine, iron and ironing board also provided.
- NOT INCLUDED IN THE CONTRACT PRICE – Apart from the fresh welcome food pack provided by TS on arrival, any consumables of any kind. Travel arrangements, insurance and transportation.
- LOCAL PAYMENT AT EXTRA COST – (Generally required through the winter months of mid October – early April). Gas by consumption. Firewood, at a local cost of 150 euros per week. Where the client and TS consider this period to extend beyond the aforementioned months necessary for the heating of the house, cost would apply. A security safe is available for the use by the client. For the security of the key and use of the facility a small deposit of 25 euros is required.
- COMPLAINTS – Whilst every effort is made to maintain the property in good order, wear and tear is unavoidable. Damaged furnishings, appliances or fixtures will be replaced were and when appropriate. Electrical, heating and plumbing installations including swimming pool, may occasionally need repair. Same day repairs cannot be guaranteed. TS shall endeavour to make any necessary repairs in a timely manner in order to reduce any inconvenience to the client. In the unlikely event that TS deems that it can neither rectify the problem nor find a suitable replacement, the client shall accept a refund not in excess of the unused portion of the rental amount. Vacating the property without agreement with TS and /or failure to accept the good faith remedies offered by TS during the rental period will void any claim thereafter.
- HOUSE FURNITURE – Furnishings have been provided at Montecastello with client comfort in mind and chosen for the purpose for any particular room including outside recreation areas. Items of furniture shall not be removed/ relocated without prior consent of “on-site” management
- LIABILITY – TS shall not be liable for any accident that may occur relating to this contract and/or the rental property/premises, which is the subject of this contract; or for any injury, damage or loss whatsoever or however caused except insofar as the injury, damage or loss is caused by the direct negligence of TS.
- DISPUTES – TS and the clients expressly agree that all disputes arising out of this contract and not administratively resolved by TS shall be resolved through normal arbitration channels. TS must receive notice of any disputes in writing.
- ADDITIONAL SERVICES – Car hire – TS recommend competitive car hire companies to clients upon request. Adequate car parking facilities are available at the premises. TS accept no responsibility for any damage/theft however caused to client/s vehicle/s whist on the premises. We strongly advise that FULL insurance cover be taken out by the client at the point of hire to give ‘peace of mind’ whilst driving in Italy.
- FINAL CLEANING – TS prides itself on the high standard and quality of the interior, furnishings, bed linen etc. On arrival the client will be presented with a clean and tidy house and would be expected to leave the house in the same condition on departure. Final cleaning is included in the price but does not extend to clients leaving the house and property in a mess eg;-( sink/dishwasher full of dirty dishes, oven and hob soiled and bags of garbage left on the property). Extra cleaning costs and 5 euros per bag of garbage disposal will be applied.
- MAID SERVICE – Once per week the house will be cleaned with a fresh linen and towel change (included in the rental fee for clients staying two weeks or longer). If further services are required the maid service is chargeable at a rate of 12 euros per hour.
- ACCEPTANCE – The clients making the booking and all members of the travelling party agree to accept and abide by the Terms and Conditions of this contract. TS reserves the right to make changes to its Terms and Conditions at any time including prices, however, once bookings are confirmed with the client, they shall remain fixed for the rental period.